GLASS REINFORCED GYPSUM – GRG
GLASSS REINFORCED GYPSUM, also known as Glass Fiber Reinforced Gypsum (GFRG) consists of high strength resistant glass fibers bonded with high density gypsum to produce panels that traditionally were done with plaster castings. The GFRG is lighter in weight, superior in strength and much easier to install than the traditional plaster castings. GFRG is lighter than traditional gypsum and can be formed to a better detail.
GFRG is extremely versatile and highly durable for interior applications:
YEUNG'S team helps customers with variety of interior cornice applications. GFRG can be used for wide range of entry way and door surrounds. GFRG can also be used medallions, intricate moldings and decorative pieces to dress up the ceilings and walls. GFRG is often used to replicate historical interiors found in hotels and restaurants and period homes or where ornamentation is a significant part of the overall look of the property.
The savings arise since GFRG is made in a factory setting at not at the job site. The molds are designed to create shapes and integrated supports that enhance the overall look and design of a room.
With customized mold making and casting technology of Yeung’s customers can use GFRG for any kind of interior applications. Only places where Yeung’s team isn’t recommending GFRG products are high traffic areas such as flooring. Other than that there are very few limitations to leverage GFRG for interior applications.
GFRG is a cost effective panel that offers significant benefits over plaster castings:
- It requires minimal structural support when installing the panels making the installation process simpler and cost effective.
- The panels can be formed in to complex shapes expanding its usage significantly.
- The panels can be made in extra-large sizes.
- Plaster is normally cast in place at the job site, where as GFRG products are pre-made. All you need on the job site is installation. This makes deployment of GFRG products much simpler.
- Given its production process, the panels can be colored to match any aesthetic on any project.
- GFRG requires little maintenance and, due to its strength it is resistant to high impacts.
- Due to the lightness of the material, shipping costs are minimized.
- GFRG can address any design intent specified at a lower cost than traditional materials.
All molds are generated in house with advanced CNC routers in an environment that reassures a high quality product. Our technicians will work with you in creating the fabrication details that meet your product specs and design intent.